· Manage the day-to-day operation of the shop.
· Supervise all shop staff; through mentoring, coaching and accountability, provide leadership to all shop staff to instill a sense of ownership and career satisfaction.
· Ensure that all work is performed safely, cost effectively and in a timely manner.
· Minimize equipment downtime.
· Ensure that all shop personnel, equipment, vehicles and work areas are in compliance with all safety policies and regulations at all times.
· Develop, implement, and maintain processes, procedures, and programs to improve safety, productivity, and cost savings for the site.
· Ensure that the shop and surrounding grounds are clean and organized at all times.
· Liaise with Operations Supervisors and drivers in a professional and team-oriented manner.
· Maintain all equipment records and files.
· May be required to (in a limited capacity) fill in for the District Equipment Manager when necessary.
· Ensure that fleet software is properly and fully utilized.
Successful candidates must have the following:
· Must have a 310T Truck & Coach Technician’s License.
· Strong technical knowledge.
· Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
· Willingness to take on new challenges and grow with experience.
· Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot faults.
· Computer knowledge and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
· Available to work late when trucks are behind schedule, and work weekends and holidays as well as be flexible with the hours of work.