Lead Industrial Mechanic
Miller Waste Systems Inc. has been in operation since 1961. Miller is a leader in waste management, providing government and industries with a wide range of services in the provinces of Ontario, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Manitoba. Miller has 50 years’ experience in the waste management sector and operates out of 30 locations.
- Must perform daily preventative check lists and record all conditions
- Maintaining, troubleshooting and performing repairs on conveyor systems, baling equipment & optical sorters along with some maintenance and light repairs of heavy equipment
- General repairs to facility as required
- Welding and cutting as required
- Troubleshooting and diagnosis of MRF equipment (mobile and stationary)
- Enforce all MWS policies and procedures and ensure safe work practices are followed.
- Responsible for providing leadership and direction to afternoon shift technical staff
- Must be a team leader
- Self-motivated individual and be able to work with others
- Excellent organization skills and strong troubleshooting skills
- Previous Supervisory experience is required
- Function safely around equipment
- Must follow all Miller Waste Safety policy’s & procedures (ie. Lock out/tag out procedures)
- Must be available to work weekends and overtime as required
- 433A Millwright License is required.
- Competitive Pay
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Opportunities for advancement
- Paid vacation
- Culture that values learning opportunities
- Promotes within, advancement opportunities
- Employee Appreciation BBQ and events
- Family oriented environment, we care about our employees, it’s the “Miller Way”
- Employee discounts
- Free parking
- Referral bonus program
- Tuition Reimbursement & Scholarship Awards
- Support community involvement and volunteering
- We don’t just offer you a job, we offer you a career!