- Manage the day-to-day operation of the shop.
- Supervise all shop staff; through mentoring, coaching and accountability, provide leadership to all shop staff to instill a sense of ownership and career satisfaction.
- Ensure that all work is performed safely, cost effectively and in a timely manner.
- Minimize equipment downtime.
- Ensure that all shop personnel, equipment, vehicles and work areas are in compliance with all safety policies and regulations at all times.
- Develop, implement, and maintain processes, procedures, and programs to improve safety, productivity, and cost savings for the site.
- Ensure that the shop and surrounding grounds are clean and organized at all times.
- Liaise with Operations Supervisors and drivers in a professional and team-oriented manner.
- Maintain all equipment records and files.
- May be required to (in a limited capacity) fill in for the District Equipment Manager when necessary.
- Ensure that fleet software is properly and fully utilized.
Successful candidates must have the following:
- Must have a Truck & Transport License.
- Strong technical knowledge.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Willingness to take on new challenges and grow with experience.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot faults.
- Computer knowledge and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Available to work late when trucks are behind schedule, and work weekends and holidays as well as be flexible with the hours of work.