Shop Foreman – Afternoons – 310T Licensed
Miller Waste Systems Inc. has been in operation since 1961. Miller is a leader in waste management, providing government and industries with a wide range of services in the provinces of Ontario, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Manitoba. Miller has 50 years’ experience in the waste management sector and operates out of 30 locations.
- Manage the day-to-day operation of the shop.
- Supervise all shop staff; through mentoring, coaching and accountability, provide leadership to all shop staff to instill a sense of ownership and career satisfaction.
- Ensure that all work is performed safely, cost effectively and in a timely manner.
- Minimize equipment downtime.
- Ensure that all shop personnel, equipment, vehicles and work areas are in compliance with all safety policies and regulations at all times.
- Develop, implement, and maintain processes, procedures, and programs to improve safety, productivity, and cost savings for the site.
- Ensure that the shop and surrounding grounds are clean and organized at all times.
- Liaise with Operations Supervisors and drivers in a professional and team-oriented manner.
- Maintain all equipment records and files.
- May be required to (in a limited capacity) fill in for the Equipment Manager when necessary.
- Ensure that fleet software is properly and fully utilized.
Successful candidates must have the following:
- Must have a 310T Truck & Coach Technician’s License.
- Previous supervision experience considered a strong asset
- Strong technical knowledge.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Willingness to take on new challenges and grow with experience.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot faults.
- Computer knowledge and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Available to work late when trucks are behind schedule, and work weekends and holidays as well as be flexible with the hours of work.
- Competitive Pay
- Comprehensive Benefits which include Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Opportunities for advancement
- Paid vacation
- Company Matching Pension
- Culture that values learning opportunities
- Promotes within, advancement opportunities
- Employee Appreciation BBQ and events
- Family oriented environment, we care about our employees, it’s the “Miller Way”
- Employee discounts
- Free parking
- Referral bonus program
- Tuition Reimbursement & Scholarship Awards
- Support community involvement and volunteering
- We don’t just offer you a job, we offer you a career!