Miller Waste Systems Inc. has been in operation since 1961. Miller is a leader in waste management, providing government and industries with a wide range of services in the provinces of Ontario, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Manitoba. Miller has 50 years’ experience in the waste management sector and operates out of 30 locations.
- Work in close partnership with different business groups as the primary contact for Human Resources.
- Provide coaching and support to leaders and support all divisions as they run efficiently and effectively.
- The three main functions of this positions are; employee engagement, employee compliance, and talent acquisition.
- Maintain relationships with employees throughout all levels of Miller Waste
- Foster engagement in company initiatives, events, and day-to-day operations. This includes but not limited to, meeting individually with employees and leaders, responding to undesirable behavior and applying appropriate discipline, assisting employees with internal transfers, and hearing concerns about current roles.
- Maintaining compliance with internal and external regulations. This includes, but is not limited to, standards set by the Department of Labour, Department of the Environment, and the Human Rights Tribunal.
- Attend monthly employee committees, perform employee investigations into claims involving harassment, bullying, discrimination, and inappropriate workplace behavior, and comply with all third-party investigations.
- Talent acquisition is also included in this role. This includes all facets of the recruiting process including but not limited to, collaborating with business units to identify present and future staffing needs; assisting with the development and implementation of recruitment strategies for different business units; formulating job advertisements based on templates and utilize online recruiting resources to identify candidates; initiating contact with possibly qualified candidates and perform a through phone screen; meeting with qualified candidates and interview applicants to obtain work history, education, training, job skills, salary requirements, and if they fit in with the corporate culture; drafting and delivering offers; and overseeing the onboarding process.
- Prior experience with an applicant-tracking system, or be able to navigate the current system in order to ensure recruiting metrics are maintained.
- A background in human resources related fields such as organizational design, job evaluation, recruitment, labour relations, training and development, compensation and benefits is required.
- Exposure to employee relations issues/policies/procedures; organizational development; succession planning; talent management; job descriptions and job evaluation; employee benefits; and employee and family assistance programs.
- Understanding of employment contract terminology and definitions, labour relations-related legislation and best practice, and various applicable labour and employee government regulations are required.
- Professional, well-developed and possess highly effective written, verbal, computer and interpersonal skills with an ability to lead and manage people.
- Must be comfortable with prioritization, planning, coordination, and organization, with an ability to respond and adapt in changing, high pressure environments.
- Ability to assess problem situations, recognize issues, and use judgment to create solutions that meet required standards.
- Flexibility is also required as operational demand may require early starts, late finishes and, on rare occasions, weekend work.
Why People Choose Miller Waste and Stay:
Competitive Pay - Above Industry Average!
Comprehensive Benefits: Medical, Dental, Paramedical and Travel Insurance
Culture that values learning opportunities
Promotes within, advancement opportunities
Employee Appreciation BBQ and events
Family oriented environment, we care about our employees, it’s the “Miller Way”
Referral bonus program
Tuition Reimbursement & Scholarship Awards
Support community involvement and volunteering
We don’t just offer you a job, we offer you a career!