Apprentice 310T Truck & Coach Technician - Afternoons
Miller Waste Systems Inc. has been in operation since 1961. Miller is a leader in waste management, providing government and industries with a wide range of services in the provinces of Ontario, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Manitoba. Miller has 50 years’ experience in the waste management sector and operates out of 30 locations.
- In the position of Apprentice 310T Truck & Coach Technician your responsibilities will include but not limited to the servicing of all Company vehicles.
- You will be required to repair waste vehicles and trucks, including hydraulics and electrical as well as shop maintenance.
- You will be required to conduct vehicle maintenance according to established MWS policies and procedures.
- Maintain all required records and files for vehicle maintenance.
- Will also be required to clean the shop, paint rims, and generally maintain the appearance of the equipment.
- Successful candidates will be mechanically inclined and possess a strong work ethic.
- In addition, the successful candidate should possess a strong desire to learn and an ability to apply that knowledge during their daily duties.
- As an apprentice, you may be required to complete training assignments and homework assignments throughout your apprenticeship.
- Research and study play an important role in your career in the trade; therefore, your effort and attitude towards training, along with overall apprenticeship progress and trade aptitude, will be included in annual performance evaluations.
- Your ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment is key as well as working in a team environment.
- The applicant will be required to enrol in, and successfully complete, the 310T Apprenticeship program.
- You must be available to work late when trucks are behind schedule, as well you may be required to work weekends and holidays.
- Competitive Pay
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Opportunities for advancement
- Paid vacation
- Culture that values learning opportunities
- Promotes within, advancement opportunities
- Employee Appreciation BBQ and events
- Family oriented environment, we care about our employees, it’s the “Miller Way”
- Employee discounts
- Free parking
- Referral bonus program
- Tuition Reimbursement & Scholarship Awards
- Support community involvement and volunteering
- We don’t just offer you a job, we offer you a career!