In the position of Equipment Coordinator, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Liaising with drivers when they bring in pre & post trip inspection reports.
- Manage equipment breakdown repair strategies on a daily basis to ensure equipment is repaired quickly and cost effectively
- Coordinating preventive maintenance and repairs with external shops, gaining internal approvals as required, issuing purchase orders and processing invoices and paperwork as required
- Monitor, communicate and affect change to daily down equipment list in order to minimize down time while collaboratively organizing equipment resources to cover workload as necessary
- Order parts and ensure availability as well as maintaining an adequate supply of all parts, fluids, filters, hardware, and shop consumables on a continuous basis.
- Organize equipment documents and unit files to ensure complete vehicle records are in order and available at all times.
Successful candidates will have:
- Strong computer knowledge as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong technical aptitude a requirement for this role; experience with heavy trucks and a shop environment and definite asset
- Your ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment is key as well as working in a team environment.
- Must be available to work late when trucks are behind schedule, as well you may be required to work weekends and holidays.
- Work well with limited Supervision as well as being an independent thinker. Must be self motivated
- Valid and clean G Class Drivers License required and DZ License will be considered an asset