Miller Waste Systems Inc. has been in operation since 1961. Miller is a leader in waste management, providing government and industries with a wide range of services in the provinces of Ontario, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Manitoba. Miller has 50 years’ experience in the waste management sector and operates out of 30 locations.
The Applications Support Specialist role is to plan, design, develop, maintain and launch efficient information systems in support of core organizational functions. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve systems issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
- Maintain Core business systems (Dynamics GP)
- Assist in the planning, design, development, of new applications and enhancements to existing applications.
- Meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve business systems issues.
- Conduct research on software products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Assist in the deployment of new applications and enhancements to existing applications.
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Experience with Dynamics GP
- Experience with Citrix
- Experience with TRUX Software is an asset
- Good understanding of business processes
- Knowledge of relational database design
- Microsoft SQL Server object development
- Visual Studio.NET C#, VB, VBA programming
- Familiarity with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Technical writing skills.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information science, management information systems, or business administration and 5 years related work experience.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
Why People Choose Miller Waste and Stay:
- Competitive Pay - Above Industry Average!
- Comprehensive Benefits: Medical, Dental, Paramedical and Travel Insurance
- Paid vacation
- Culture that values learning opportunities
- Promotes within, advancement opportunities
- Employee Appreciation BBQ and events
- Family oriented environment, we care about our employees, it’s the “Miller Way”
- Employee discounts
- Free parking
- Referral bonus program
- Tuition Reimbursement & Scholarship Awards
- Support community involvement and volunteering
- We don’t just offer you a job, we offer you a career!